Information and Services
Dear visitors*, please read carefully before your visit!
Instructions for reopening – important note
On weekends and public holidays we ask for advance booking. Without advance booking it could be that you do not receive a ticket at the checkout.
Please read our hygiene instructions and behavioural advice carefully before your visit.
If you have any questions that go beyond these, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com or write to us via Facebook. We promise to reply as soon as possible.
Help to protect yourself and others from infectious diseases:
- Please come to the Senckenberg Natural History Museum only if you feel healthy. Please only visit us with people with whom contact is permitted according to official regulations.
- Please keep at least 1.5 m distance when entering the museum, at the cash desk, as well as from the supervisory staff and other visitors.
- Masks are required for visitors aged 6 years and older. Please wear a simple mouth and nose protection (available in the museum shop).
- Please observe the cough and sneeze label, wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
- Please observe the optimized route guidance and our information signs.
Please also note the following:
- Due to the visitors inside the building there may be long waiting times, please keep the minimum distance even in the queue.
- At the cash desk you should pay by card if possible.
- There is currently no online ticket sale.
- All events and guided tours must still be cancelled.
- Some museum areas, media stations, VR glasses and our audio guide are currently not available. We recommend using our free media guide on your smartphone. Simply enter “Senckenberg” in the App Store or Google Play and download the application.
If you have any further questions, please write to us via mail or via Facebook.
We are looking forward to your visit!
Your museum team
For wheelchair users: About 90 percent of the exhibition is accessible. Only a few exhibition areas are not accessible for wheelchairs: “Edmontosaurus and Pterosaurs”, “Fossils of Messel”, “Human evolution” and the gallery of the exhibition “Fossil marine reptiles and fish”.
For blind or partially sighted visitors: In two small exhibition areas there are exhibits that can be touched and which are equipped with Braille. “Human evolution” provides 11 heads of our prehistoric ancestors and in “Human embryology” you can touch several stages of becoming a human being.
Dogs are not allowed in the museum, except for guide dogs for the blind.
A wheelchair is available – if you need to use it, please contact our staff.
You find a disabled parking space at the museum (close to the bistro entrance).
Please consider, there is no parking site available on the museum ground!
However, you may access the convenient public parking facilities nearby:
Parking garage “Adalbertstrasse”; open Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.; closed on Sunday and Public Holidays
Parking garage, “Congresscenter Messe Frankfurt” (Maritim Hotel); Theodor-Heuss- Allee 3-5, open 24h
Parking garage “Messeturm”; Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 49; open 24h
Parking garage “WestendGate”; Hamburger Allee 2; open 24h
Due to construction works, there are no marked disabled parking spots at the moment. Please contact us before visiting the museum. We will organize a parking lot for you. Accessible during opening hours only.
Arriving from the South and East:
Drive across the motorway-junction “Frankfurter Kreuz” till “Westkreuz Frankfurt”, then take the motorway A 648 (towards “Stadtmitte” – B8/44) till Frankfurt Fair (Messe), in the roundabout turn left (towards “Ginnheim / Eschersheim” – B8/40). You will find the museum after 500 metres on the left.
Arriving from the North and West:
Drive across the motorway-junction “Nordwestkreuz Frankfurt” on motorway A66 (direction “F-Miquelalle / Stadtmitte”), turn right before the end of the motorway (towards “Hauptbahnhof / Messe” – B8/40), and follow the course of the street “Zeppelinallee”. You will find the museum after 2 kilometres on the right.